【英文學習】離開該用Call off? 還是go off?

【英文學習】離開該用Call off? 還是go off?

陳芃志 » 週五 10月 16, 2015 3:29 pm

圖檔
相信大家一定都有被片語搞得一頭霧水的經驗,明明感覺只有一字之差,片語的意思就會截然不同,這類的片語問題早已困擾大家許久,但是,別擔心,快來一起動動腦,跟著QQEnglish學學這些有趣的片語吧!

圖檔

1. Call off (取消、離開)

EX: We called off the trip when two of people who were supposed to go became sick.

(我們取消了這趟旅行,因為我們之中的兩人似乎不太舒服。)



2. Get off (下車、離座)

EX: After we got off the plane, we picked up our baggage.

(我們在下飛機之後,就去拿了我們的行李。)



3. Go off (爆炸、發出聲響)

EX: The bomb went off and did a lot of damage.

(炸彈爆炸且造成許多毀壞。)

The alarm went off at six o’clock.

(警鈴在六點時響起。)

圖檔

4. Set off (使某事發生、施放煙火)

EX: The heat set off a chemical reaction.

(熱量造就了一個化學反應。)

At midnight, we set off a string of firecrackers.

(我們在午夜施放了一串煙火。)



5. Pay off (付清、得到回報)

EX: He paid his college debt off six years after he graduated.

(他在畢業六年後就還清了學貸。)

Your efforts will eventually pay off.

(你的努力最終得到回報。)



6. Put off (延期、延遲、讓某人覺得被冒犯)

EX: If you keep putting your homework off, you won’t get it done.

(如果你持續延遲繳交作業,你永遠都不會完成。)

His indifferent attitude has put us off.

(他冷漠的態度讓我們覺得很反感。)



7. See off (送行)

EX: They came to the airport to see us off.

(他們來機場替我們送行。)



8. Show off (炫耀、讓某事被看見)

EX: Bill drove around all afternoon showing his new car off.

(比爾一整個下午開車四處跑來炫耀他的新車。)

She was wearing a deep-purple dress that showed off her slim figure.

(她穿上深紫色的洋裝來展現她苗條的身材。)


圖檔

9. Start off (開始、出發)

EX: The company started off with only two employees.

(這家公司一開始只有兩名員工。)

The climbers started off after breakfast.

(登山客在吃完早餐後就動身出發。)



10. Take off (起飛、脫下)

EX: When do we take off?

(我們何時起飛 ?)

Please take off your coat.

(請脫下你的外套。)



11. Turn off (關掉)

EX: All the lights turn off automatically.

(所有的燈都自動關掉了。)

圖檔

12. Blow off (吹走、生氣)

EX: The leaves of the trees blew off in the strong wind.

(那些樹的葉子被強風吹走了。)

I blew off at her.

(我對她生氣了。)



13. Cut off (切斷、切下)

EX: I cut off the tree branch.

(我砍斷了樹的枝幹。)



14. Die off (滅絕、接連死去)

EX: She was ninety-two and said all her friends had died off.

(她已經九十二歲了且說她的朋友都相繼過世了。)



15. Knock off (停止做某事、打掉)

EX: I wish he would knock off practicing for a while.

(我希望他可以停止練習一下。)

She knocked off the vase by accident.

(她不小心把花瓶打破了。)
Stay hunger, stay foolish !
台灣英語網
 
文章: 33
註冊時間: 週四 9月 10, 2015 2:58 pm

誰在線上
正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:Bing [Bot] 和 0 位訪客