Night at the Museum

Night at the Museum

台灣英語網1.0 » 週四 9月 17, 2015 5:09 am

The New York Times – “If you were to line up the niftiest thingamajigs created for this tale of a would-be inventor-turned-night-watchman (Ben Stiller, ably going through the motions) at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, you might have something resembling ‘Jumanji’ Meets ‘The Wizard of Oz’ With a Dash of ‘Home Alone.’”

I have seen it, and yes it is a bit of “Jumanji,” a bit of “Wizard of Oz” and a bit of “Home Alone.” This is a family movie – kids will love it. Like most of the family movies, the story is a Hollywood cliché – a frustrated father tries to do something big to cheer his son and he finally pulls it off. The special effects would have stunned me more if I hadn’t seen “Jumanji” before, and I would have laughed more if I hadn’t seen “Home Alone” before. However, there is one thing makes me feel every penny I spent paid off – now I know there are two President Roosevelt’s in the USA history, Teddy Roosevelt and Franklin Roosevelt. If you live in the USA and you have kids, go. Your kids will be happy and they may ask you about the history of the America on your way back.

I wonder where DJ has gone these days. Has he seen “Curse of the Golden Flower” yet?

Off the topic:

I root for Giants, Jets and Cowboys, and they are all OUT. Ouch!!
Site Admin

文章: 31478
註冊時間: 週六 8月 15, 2015 3:05 am

Re: Night at the Museum

台灣英語網1.0 » 週四 9月 17, 2015 5:10 am

I haven't seen this movie yet, but I did watch its movie trailers on DVD. We all like it, and after reading your comment, we will definitely go to see the movie. :)
Site Admin

Super fun movie!!!

Birdman, thank you very much for sharing this movie!

Just watched this movie on DVD. Great movie to learn some down-to-earth (American) English.

Mayflower, HAPPY Mother's Day! [I called my mother-in-law & thank her giving me a great husband.... And she said she is flattered. 我是不是個 “馬屁精”?! ]
Site Admin

Thanks, JC!! :)

引文: 我是不是個 “馬屁精”?!

Hahaha... I don't know but I guess that you meant what you said, "thank her giving me a great husband.... " ~~
Site Admin

誰在線上
正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 9 位訪客