[討論]The Gospel of Judas - an Evidence that may Overturn the

[討論]The Gospel of Judas - an Evidence that may Overturn the

台灣英語網1.0 » 週二 9月 15, 2015 2:15 am

I have watched the Gospel of Judas on Discovery Channel for at least three times. And if they would run it again, I will watch it for yet one more time. It is amazing how a mistake have influenced the entire western world and caused the death of millions of people.

For almost two millenaries, westerners have recognized Judas as a betrayer to Jesus. He is characterized as a greedy, unfaithful and weakling traitor. According to this program, Jews, bearing the name pronounced similar to Judas, were therefore considered with those same characters as Judas had and hence hated by all Europeans. When Hitler took power early last century, millions of Jews were brutally slaughtered due to that reason. After World War II, heartbroken Jewish survivors moved to the Middle Ease and formed a new country, Israel. Before long, the religious conflicts between the Judaism and the Islam had made this unstable region a time bomb. Wars have never been ended. And because of America’s sympathy for Israel, the Islam countries hate the USA as well. Terrorists attacked American bases around the world in retaliation for its collaboration with Israel. Hadn’t it been the West’s dislike for Judah, there wouldn’t have been the 9/11 attack.

Now, with the burned-lost-and-found Gospel of Judas being rebuilt by historians, a new judgment on Judah’s loyalty is shaping up. This Gospel may in the end prove that Judas actually did not betray Jesus; on the contrary, he may have been a loyal disciple to Jesus. He simply followed Jesus’ order and did what he had done.

Now, if Judas were really misunderstood, just think how amazing it is that a little mistake has impacted the whole world so enormously, so deeply for so long.

I am not a Christian. If there is any Christian who has read my article, I really would like to hear your opinions.
Site Admin

文章: 31478
註冊時間: 週六 8月 15, 2015 3:05 am

Re: [討論]The Gospel of Judas - an Evidence that may Overturn the

台灣英語網1.0 » 週二 9月 15, 2015 2:16 am

How things happend, merely depends on how they were percieved.

How things were percieved, depends on the perciever's standing point. ( its angle )

Depends on the point of the perciever, things happend "differently" to different people. ( because of the different angle each person has)

if we don't insist any certain angle or points,
we get to "observe" things in its WHOLE (its totality)without any bias.
Which is the truth itself.

from there, there is no right, no wrong.
because..
Bad Things can make Good Things good.
Good things can make Bad Things bad.
Take out the good and bad, things are what they really are. no good no bad.

Good and Bad is from the mind.
People who insists which is good/bad, right/wrong don't understand the truth. they only understand things limited to their own angle.

Good tools can be badly used.

One person's junk is another's gold.

It is the mind that change things.
Things don't change itself.

----------------------------------------------
This topic might be too religious for this site.
so please remind me if it turns out to be that way.
----------------------------------------------
Site Admin

To Zena:

Hum… Sounds very much like Einstein’s Relativity – one thing may be valued differently if we look at it form different angles.

Standing on the street, we see the raindrops fall vertically from the sky to the ground; sitting inside a fast moving car, we see the raindrops fly horizontally form ahead of the car to the rear.

Inserting you palm into a burning stove, a second is felt like an hour; being with your beloved girlfriend, an hour is felt like a second.

To be or not to be….

This is getting philosophic
Site Admin

First I wanna point out that it's Judas who betrayed Jesus in history. Judah is another name which can also be found in the Old Testament of the Bible.

I watched only a fraction of that Discovery program, so I don't really know much about it. However, whether the Gospel of Judas is real or what influence it will bring about is a serious issue of history and religion. Maybe we should find out more information from non-profit and well-known academic sources. We know Discovery is a commercial and profit-making TV channel, so sometimes they would intentionally make ordinary things sound impressing or different. If not so, less people would be attracted to watch their programs, right? Let's get back to the point. Matter-of-factly, I think Hitler would still massacre millions of the Jews even though Judas was not a betrayer. The wholesale slaughter of the Jews conducted by Hitler was a major historic and religious tragedy/disaster as a result of multiple factors, which are beyond the scope of our discussion here. And for the small number of narrow-minded European people with prejudice against Jews, those they hate are Jews instead of Judas alone, because the fact is that many Jewish people made Jesus crucified and die, again not Judas alone. Judas was just the last straw rather than a main cause.

All the miserable events with relation to religion or race have been caused by hate or resentment within people's mind. Nevertheless, I believe most of the current major religions advocate love and good things in their doctrine. We know it's biased religious people who do bad things, but not the religion itself.
Site Admin

Pardon my mistake and thank you for the correction. I may have made one more mistake: that program was on the National Geography Channel not Discovery.

However, I do not believe that this program was narrated based on commercial consideration. A renowned channel like the National Geography simply wouldn’t have done that. Besides, this subject is too serious to be faked.

The difference between a novelist and a historian is that the former does not have to find evidences to bolster what he is about to write. Dan Brown’s The Da Vince Code and his alleged Holy Grail are simply fiction. However, the Gospel of Judas truly exits. It was partially reconstructed in early 2006, done by historians.

The impact of this Gospel, true or not, is unknown yet. Maybe none of us living on the Earth now will live long enough to see it. We can only pay attention to its development.
Site Admin

Birdman,

I don't, in any case, mean Discovery or National Geography Channel would fake things. They always collect and present things or phenomena very faithfully. Whether the things or phenomena are right is what we are concerned about. In this case, the scripts of the Gospel of Judas do exist without doubt. The questions are who wrote them and what they could stand for. This is 100 % a serious academic issue. It needs many further studies or research by related professionals before the consensus can be reached.

We know both Discovery and National Geography are great instructive TV channels making us more knowledgeable. I love them, and actually I watch them quite often. But when facing serious academic issues of science, history, literature etc, well-trained professional people would manage to find out the conclusion or verdict through academic organizations or institutes. It's Discovery or National Geography Channel who would cite references from academic organizations or institutes. No academic articles or papers would say something like "Because Discovery say …, it's proved that…". And when I say Discovery is a commercial TV channel, it is by no means a depreciating expression. A commercial channel can undoubtedly make and present nice programs, just like Discovery or National Geography. I really love watching them, and I believe you do as well.

- Happy discussion with you.
Site Admin

Very pleased to discuss with you too.

You bet I watch these two channels all the time. I was actually not so fond of religious issues. Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code was to be blamed for the twist of my interest. Like most of the readers, I was fascinated by the axis of the storyline – a secret that may endanger the whole Christianity if revealed. So when a program dealing with a similar subject showed up on TV, it immediately caught my attention.
Site Admin

Religion has no secrets.
People keep secrets.

Religious people don't keep secrets.
People who keeps secrets, are not religious.
Site Admin

Zena,

I have to chew over your posts again and again.
They are so simple yet so deep.
Site Admin

For a handful of friends who are interested in this subject:

I’ve just figured that the Gospel of Judas may also serve as a proof that Dan Brown’s The Da Vinci Code is, after all, a fiction. A lot of readers have somehow believed that the Holy Grail truly exits and flocked to Europe to visit the scenes mentioned in this book, and that have raised the concern amid Christianity societies.

Let’s say Mr. Brown is right that Mary Madeline truly existed. Than, compared to the secret of her pregnancy when Jesus was crucified, the Judas’ loyalty to Jesus was just a minor one. If a disciple had been so close to Jesus that he knew his mentor had a wife, he undoubtedly would have also known that Judas was no traitor to Jesus. According to Dan Brown’s novel, Da Vinci was also a member of the Priory of Sion whose members had all vowed to sacrifice their own lives to protect those of Jesus’ descendents’. If Da Vinci knew the secret of the Holy Grail, he knew what kind of disciple Judas really was. If he knew what kind of person Judas was, he wouldn’t have portrayed Judas so dull and so afraid in his renowned artwork – The Last Supper.

If Judas was right, then Da Vinci was wrong. If Da Vinci was right, then the Holy Grail did not exist. If the Holy Grail did not exist, then Dan Brown is wrong!! If I were a writer, I would write a novel about how a novelist sends an assassinator to kill all the historians who are reconstructing the lost-and-found Gospel of Judas, because once the reconstruction is finished his reputation will be destroyed. This storyline would be very much like The Da Vinci Code’s only that mine is truer as the reconstruction of the Gospel of Judas truly is being done.

I have read the Da Vinci Code. I was astounded by the so called secrets “revealed” in it, and I marveled at Dan Brown’s intelligence, but I would still say, “no matter how real this story may sound like, a novel is a novel.”
Site Admin

下一頁

誰在線上
正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 2 位訪客