Keeping a Pet Bird

Keeping a Pet Bird

台灣英語網1.0 » 週五 8月 21, 2015 3:42 pm

There is much fun keeping a pet bird. You can watch it flying, listen to it singing, and I think feeding it food is the most funny thing. Sometimes when you are eating, birds ask you for food by standing on your hands, your head, and even your food. Follow these tips when you are spending time with your pet bird. First, give it feedingstuff once a day in the bowl. Second, have a place to let it fly. Third, give it more than two standing floors in its house. Then, feed it some fruit and vegetables sometimes. Your bird will be healthy and nice to you. Don't sleep with a bird; it's dangerous to it. Let it sleep in its house is nice to your pet bird. Don't scare them; they hate the act and will fly away. Keeping well your pet bird will let your home have more amusement.
Site Admin

文章: 31479
註冊時間: 週六 8月 15, 2015 3:05 am

Re: Keeping a Pet Bird

台灣英語網1.0 » 週五 8月 21, 2015 3:43 pm

Let me take a stab at the bird heheh

There is much fun in keeping a pet bird.
(There is much fun in [noun]. If you don't want to use in, try "keeping a pet bird is much fun")

You can watch it fly, listen to it sing, and feed it food, which I think is the most fun.
(I just feel using "fly" and "sing" are more natural, but I am sure there is a grammatical justification for this, right, poratos? )

Sometimes when you are eating, the bird might ask you for food by standing on your hands, your head, and even on your food.
(I don't know, I feel an understatement here is more appropriate because I think birds are rather unpredictable animals, or at least the ones I had )

Keeping a pet bird can be a fun experience, and there are a few tips I would like to offer to ensure the experience is mutually beneficial for the pet and the owner.
(This extra sentence is inserted here to make a nice transition from the section describing the experience of keeping a pet bird to the section offering tips on keeping a pet bird)

First, feed it food once a day in a bowl.
(hmm, it would be nice to offer some explanations to convince people to follow you tips)

Second, give it enough space to fly freely.
(I am assuming you want to give your pet bird a chance to exercise its wings, right?)

Third, give it more than two standing floors in its house.
(why? )

Then, feed it some fruit and vegetables sometimes. Your bird will be healthy and nice to you.
(yup, I know some people can be cranky when constipated )

Don't sleep with a bird; it's dangerous to it.
(yeah, you can use semi-colon here, but it would probably sound better if you said "Don't sleep with a bird because you might accidentally injure it")

Letting it sleep in its house is a nice way to treat your pet bird.

Don't scare them; they hate the act and will fly away.
(It feels fragmented reading these two sentences with a semi-colon inbetween.)

Keeping your pet bird healthy will bring much amuzement to your home.
(It sounds better to have a little longer conclusion)
Site Admin

Thank you so much! My school teacher didn't tell me so much. Moreover, the assay has been marked corrections already. Maybe he just want me to make a 4-10 sentances short essay.
Regarding the sentance "Third, give it more than two standing floors in its house.", birds love playing and climbing. Even though you don't let it fly out, it still have fun and exercise in the birdcage.
I know that my English still have many problems; that's why I came here. I want to improve myself! Thanks for your reply! I'll print it out and do more practice.
Site Admin

It is a good thing you are trying to improve. :)

I would like to see what your teacher put down while he/she was grading your essay.
Site Admin

誰在線上
正在瀏覽這個版面的使用者:沒有註冊會員 和 7 位訪客